Dental Implants in Charlotte & Concord, NC
Fill the gap in your smile with our innovative restorations.
Feel Complete Once Again
Restore your smile and your health.
Teeth are often taken for granted when they’re healthy, and you don’t realize how important they are until you lose one. Each and every tooth plays a major role in your appearance and ability to chew, speak, and smile.
If you lose a tooth or multiple teeth, you need a replacement to ensure optimal oral health, and our restorative dentists in Charlotte and Concord are here to help.
Restore your smile’s beauty and function with dental implants, one of the best ways to replace missing teeth permanently.
Schedule your dental implant consultation at McNeely and Mallette Family Dental Group to see if you’re a candidate.
Discover the Benefits
The Dental Implant Process
It is a two-part procedure.
We place the dental implant, a small titanium post, into your jawbone. This biocompatible material fuses with your jawbone over time and acts as your replacement tooth root. Once fused, it provides a strong, permanent base for your new tooth.
Once your jawbone heals, our restorative dentist attaches a connective structure called an abutment. This abutment holds your custom tooth replacement (e.g. crown), on the post. The result is a beautiful and realistic restoration that matches the color, shape, and size of your other teeth.
Are You an Implant Candidate?
If you’re missing a tooth, then implants might be for you.
One of the most important factors of implant dentistry is the health of your jawbone and gums. If your jawbone density is insufficient or the gums aren’t healthy enough, the implant won’t be able to heal as needed.
In some cases, a bone graft may be performed to aid in jawbone regeneration before placing dental implants. Ultimately, a consultation with our team will determine if you’re a candidate for dental implants and help you find the best tooth replacement option.
- Kathryn W.
FAQs about Dental Implants in Charlotte & Concord, NC
Do you have some questions? Our experts provide the answers.
- Will getting dental implants hurt? Our team does everything we can to keep you comfortable throughout the process. In addition, we ensure you have the right amount of anesthesia for the procedure and detailed aftercare instructions for a smooth recovery process.
- How long do dental implants last? Dental implants can last for more than 15 years if taken care of properly. However, the dental restoration attached to your implant may need some adjustments before then.
- How do I care for my dental implant? All you need to do is strive to maintain your oral health by brushing and flossing twice a day and visiting our office every six months for a cleaning and check-up. Treat your tooth implant just like you would the rest of your teeth, and you will be in great shape!
- How long does the procedure take to place the implant?
Every patient is different, which can lead to varying procedure times. It also depends on how many dental implants we’re placing. For reference, it usually takes us around 30 to 45 minutes to place a single implant.
Want to find out if you’re a candidate and how long your procedure may take? If you’re in Charlotte or Concord and searching for “restorative dentistry near me” then contact us today for a dental implant consultation.
- How long does it take for the implant to heal and place the crown?
The entire process from start to finish can take anywhere from two to nine months, depending on your treatment plan. Once the implant fuses with your jaw, we can place the restoration.
The healing time in which the implant fuses with the jawbone varies from patient to patient. Still, we’ll be able to provide you with a more accurate timeline during your initial consultation.
Please contact us to learn more about dental implants in Charlotte, NC or Concord, NC